Careers at Freshwater – Stone Finisher
With over 40 years of stone construction experience, Freshwater Stone strives to be the first choice for those who recognize the value of exceptional craftsmanship. Our world-class stonework has been featured throughout the US and abroad. As we continue to grow, we are excited to offer you a chance to become part of the team. We are currently looking to hire Stone Finishers to work in our Architectural Stone division, working on exciting projects like the restoration of the Statue of Liberty!
- Rock pitches on stone using different chisels and hammers per specifications on shop tickets
- Apply thermal finishes to stone using torch
- Operates diamond saws and angle grinder as directed in a safe manner
- Drill holes in pieces per shop ticket
- Operates overhead cranes and lifting devices safely
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace on a daily basis
- Organize and manage finish area
- Cross trains on different jobs as needed
- Follow company safety rules and protocols
- Work with a positive, proactive, and can-do attitude
- Be on time and ready to work
- Assists with other areas of the shop as assigned by supervisor
- Carry out other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
Strong work ethic
Attention to detail
Ability to take direction
Ability to safely operate power, pneumatic and gas tools
Effective communication skills
Work in a fast-paced environment.
Be able to physically stand or walk for long periods of time
Be able to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
Work overtime as called for by company to complete customers’ requests
Valid driver’s license & reliable transportation
Ability to physically stand, bend, squat and lift up to 50 pounds
High school diploma or equivalent
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation and sick paid time off
- Life insurance
- Simple IRA – 100% company match up to 3%
- Profit Sharing plan
- Company-paid fitness membership
JOIN OUR TEAM
You can also email your resume to [email protected], or stop by to fill out an application between 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are located at 4 Upper Falls Rd., Orland, ME, 04472.
If you are sending your resume by mail, please address it to:
Freshwater Stone Inc.
Attn. Valerie Hopkins
PO Box 15, 4 Upper Falls Rd.
Orland Maine, 04472
Questions? Please feel free to call us at (207) 469-6331.