Careers at Freshwater – Fabrication Shop Foreman
At Freshwater Stone, we have over 40 years of stone construction experience, 20 years of quarrying experience, and we strive to be the first choice for those who recognize the value of exceptional craftsmanship. We are currently looking for a Fabrication Shop Foreman to lead our state-of-the-art Interior Stone department.
- Supervises a crew of up to 10 employees
- Assist in the daily schedule for machine operators, fabricators, templaters & installers.
- Ensures production goals are understood and met by all crewmembers. Adjusts work strategies daily to maximize production and meet client deadlines.
- Leads the charge of solving production and installation problems.
- Ensures quality control of all work by performing routine inspections and taking ownership of the quality control function.
- Reviews production tickets for accuracy and completeness.
- Supports the Fabrication Manager in time sheet accuracy and employee evaluations
- Maintains internal systems (Moraware, Excel spreadsheets) used in the fabrication process to create successful client outcomes
- Trains new employees in various positions and use of equipment.
- Communicates and provide clear direction to shop personnel.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, homeowners and team members
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Enforces and promotes company safety policies and procedures
- Responsible for receiving, inspecting and inventorying all department materials
- Ensure fabrication shop is maintained, neat, clean and organized
- Ability to perform service calls as need
- Solid industry knowledge of materials and fabrication methods
- Strong collaborative skills
- Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer skills (MS Office, Moraware, typing)
- Blueprint reading and layout capabilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to safely operate power and pneumatic tools
- This position requires physical activities on a regular basis, including but not limited to: Pushing, pulling, lifting, reaching, crouching, standing, walking, etc.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 100lbs.
- Valid driver’s license & reliable transportation
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 5 years of working with natural stone
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
High School Diploma or equivalent
The schedule for this position is 8-10 hour workdays Monday through Friday, with overtime as needed.
JOIN OUR TEAM
You can also email your resume to [email protected], or stop by to fill out an application between 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are located at 4 Upper Falls Rd., Orland, ME, 04472.
If you are sending your resume by mail, please address it to:
Freshwater Stone Inc.
Attn. Valerie Hopkins
PO Box 15, 4 Upper Falls Rd.
Orland Maine, 04472
Questions? Please feel free to call us at (207) 469-6331.