Careers at Freshwater – Safety and Environmental Officer
Freshwater Stone has over 40 years of stone construction experience and strives to be the first choice for those who recognize the value of exceptional craftsmanship. Our work has been installed throughout the United States and abroad. We are experiencing tremendous growth while maintaining our reputation for quality products and excellent service.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized safety/environmental officer to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in ensuring all work sites and projects comply with local, state, and federal health and safety, and environmental guidelines and procedures. You will ensure the safety of all employees, make sure all work sites and projects are up to code, and provide advice and recommendations for safety and environmental compliance and improvements.
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OHSA) guidelines
- Inspect worksites and review working conditions
- Document and report occurrences of non-compliance to management and action taken to bring
company into compliance
- Develop and implement training programs consistent with OHSA training programs standards to
build a culture of safety
- Perform monthly safety meetings addressing OSHA requirements and recent inspections
- Oversee disposal of substances according to environmental guidelines
- Ensure statutes, regulations, and codes are clearly understood and met
- Intervene to stop any acts or processes which are unsafe or do not comply with OHSA
guidelines, company policies or environmental permits issued by Maine DEP
- Implement preventative measures to ensure unsafe processes are not repeated
- Ensure all personnel follow all personal safety precautions (hardhats, protective goggles, etc.)
- Ensure company policies and DEP site management policies are updated and
- Document weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual site-specific environmental inspections
- Stay abreast of changing rules, regulations and laws that directly impact the safety and
environmental responsibilities of the company
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED certificate
Bachelors degree in occupational health and safety or a relevant field a plus
Industry experience required
OSHA certification or CSP designation preferred
Working knowledge of OSHA standards 29CFR, 1910 General Industry and 1926 Construction
Strong knowledge of federal, state and local statutes and ordinances on fire safety and
prevention, loss control, hazardous chemicals, building, electrical, noise pollution and the environment preferred
Valid driver’s license
Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and walk throughout the workday
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
JOIN OUR TEAM
You can also email your resume to [email protected], or stop by to fill out an application between 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are located at 4 Upper Falls Rd., Orland, ME, 04472.
If you are sending your resume by mail, please address it to:
Freshwater Stone Inc.
Attn. Valerie Hopkins
PO Box 15, 4 Upper Falls Rd.
Orland Maine, 04472
Questions? Please feel free to call us at (207) 469-6331.