Careers at Freshwater – Granite Quarry Worker
At Freshwater Stone, our quarry workers contribute to the process of extracting stone: drilling holes with line drill, wire sawing, hand drilling, and machine operation. You will be trained in each area and have some variety in the tasks performed.
You’ll be working standard hours of 9-10 hours a day, starting as early as 6 am. Typical weekly hours are 46-50, with overtime pay above 40 hours. Our quarry workers work between our three quarries, depending on the need, and work in all types of weather conditions.
We’d like to meet you if you:
- Are self-motivated, driven, and passionate about their work
- Can work in a multi-tasked environment while still paying close attention to detail
- Quick learner and ability to be self-sufficient in tasks
- Enjoy being part of a team and are willing to be cross-trained on various functions of the quarry
- Have a strong focus on safety
Why Freshwater Stone:
- Meaningful Work: In the projects we take on, Freshwater Stone aims to create a sense of purpose and accomplishment for each and every team member. We do this by fostering creativity, innovation, and collaboration, ensuring each team member is able to work on a variety of meaningful tasks daily to stay engaged and contribute toward a shared goal.
- Job Stability: Freshwater Stone has been in operation since 1976 and is currently in a growth phase. Quarry worker positions are year-round, with employees trained on other tasks when working in the quarry is not possible due to weather.
- Training and Growth: We are passionate about creating and growing careers in the stone industry, training new employees for current positions, and helping guide them to the next step through mentorship, education, and training.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer employer-subsidized health insurance, paid time off, Simple IRA with matching, and profit sharing.
At Freshwater Stone, we have over 40 years of stone construction experience, 20 years of quarrying experience, and we strive to be the first choice for those who recognize the value of exceptional craftsmanship.
Located in Orland, Maine, our team has worked on many high-profile projects in Maine and across the United States, including stonework in the homes of David Rockafeller and Martha Stewart, restoration of the Dallas County Courthouse in Texas, and work on the carriage path walls in Maine’s own Acadia National Park. We are currently working on providing stone for the restoration of the Statue of Liberty.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Reliable, hard-working, with a positive attitude
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and climb ladders
- Ability to stand and walk on a hard surface for long hours
- Be able to work in all types of weather
- Basic math, writing, and reading skills
- All applicants are required to have reliable transportation
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
One year of experience in stonework, quarrying, or construction is preferred but not required. Training is provided.
We are currently offering a $500-1500 sign-on bonus based on experience as well as many great benefits including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays & Sick Days
- Simple IRA with Company Match Up To 3%
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Boot Reimbursement
JOIN OUR TEAM
You can also email your resume to [email protected], or stop by to fill out an application between 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are located at 4 Upper Falls Rd., Orland, ME, 04472.
If you are sending your resume by mail, please address it to:
Freshwater Stone Inc.
Attn. Valerie Hopkins
PO Box 15, 4 Upper Falls Rd.
Orland Maine, 04472
Questions? Please feel free to call us at (207) 469-6331.