Careers at Freshwater – Maintenance Technician
Freshwater Stone has over 40 years of stone construction experience and strives to be the first choice for those who recognize the value of exceptional craftsmanship. Our work has been installed throughout the United States and abroad. We are experiencing tremendous growth while maintaining our reputation for quality products and excellent service. We are looking to add a member to our Facilities team who will contribute to maintaining facilities and equipment in top-quality condition to ensure efficient operations.
- Repairs and performs preventative maintenance of equipment and facilities including the diagnosis and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Performs PMs on all production equipment as assigned.
- Performs routine safety inspections of shop equipment.
- Helps maintain an inventory of parts and lubricants.
- Maintains a clean and organized working area.
- Operate small hand tools.
- Operate vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizing forklifts and telehandlers to load and unload deliveries/receivables.
- Seasonal facility/building maintenance (snow removal, lawn repair, etc.).
- Organizing the yard as directed.
- Update the Facilities Manager appraised of any mechanical issues discovered during daily, weekly, and monthly inspections.
- Follows practices for the safe operation, maintenance, and repair of all facility equipment, including compliance with health, safety and OSHA programs, policies, procedures, and reports.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Lift and carry up to 100 lbs. over a short distance.
- Provide a clean/valid driving record.
- Come to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail, high level of organization, and initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal parties.
- Professionalism in a collaborative work environment.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Flexible and able to multitask on several different aspects of a project or on multiple projects.
- Work overtime as needed. This can consist of coming in early, staying late or working on the weekends.
- Maintenance Tech School Training and/or on-the-job training is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing maintenance position.
- Minimum of 3 years experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
JOIN OUR TEAM
You can also email your resume to [email protected], or stop by to fill out an application between 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are located at 4 Upper Falls Rd., Orland, ME, 04472.
If you are sending your resume by mail, please address it to:
Freshwater Stone Inc.
Attn. Valerie Hopkins
PO Box 15, 4 Upper Falls Rd.
Orland Maine, 04472
Questions? Please feel free to call us at (207) 469-6331.