Careers at Freshwater – Interior Stone Fabricator
Freshwater Stone has over 40 years of stone construction experience and strives to be the first choice for those who recognize the value of exceptional craftsmanship. Our work has been installed throughout the United States and abroad. We are experiencing tremendous growth while maintaining our reputation for quality products and excellent service. We are looking for a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high standard of customer service. As a growing company, our employees take on a variety of job responsibilities and must be able to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with clients and employees both verbally and written in the English language
- Ability to perform all types of edge work on stone; hone and refinish polished faces
- Ability to read and understand fabrication drawings; cut or shape stone according to drawings and/or templates
- Ability to perform basic and complex geometric and algebraic mathematical computations. It also requires the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to complex and practical situations
- Flexibility and willingness to assume new duties/responsibilities as necessary to respond to fluctuating work hours driven by project/production needs
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of experience fabricating natural stone (including counter-tops, vanities, and custom stonework)
- 1-2 years of residential or commercial construction experience
- Experience in stone fabrication industry
- General geological knowledge as applied to granite, marble, and quartz preferred
- General and practical knowledge of measuring tools, power tools, and equipment utilized in the stone industry
- Willingness to adapt to and accept constructive feedback and implement necessary corrections in a timely manner
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. eye glasses, noise-reducing equipment, waterproof gear, steel toe shoes, and a respirator)
- Ability to push, pull, and carry materials 50-100 lbs. and prolonged standing
- Able to provide and encourage positive attitude of cooperation and collaboration with management and other team members
- Flexibility and willingness to assume new duties/responsibilities as necessary to respond to project/production needs
- Must be willing to travel which could include overnight stays
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- High School diploma or GED required
JOIN OUR TEAM
You can also email your resume to [email protected], or stop by to fill out an application between 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are located at 4 Upper Falls Rd., Orland, ME, 04472.
If you are sending your resume by mail, please address it to:
Freshwater Stone Inc.
Attn. Valerie Hopkins
PO Box 15, 4 Upper Falls Rd.
Orland Maine, 04472
Questions? Please feel free to call us at (207) 469-6331.