Careers at Freshwater – Design & Sales Coordinator
Do you have an eye for interior design?
Would you enjoy collaborating with homeowners, helping bring their dream home builds and renovations come to life, working with them to choose the perfect stone for their interior stone projects?
Freshwater Stone is looking for a creative and dynamic Design and Sales Coordinator to join our growing team.
You’ll be the friendly face of our well-established brand, meeting in person with prospective clients at our showroom to assess their needs, goals, and project requirements. From there, you’ll find the best product recommendations, create a proposal, and work to see the project to completion.
If you love all things HGTV, have an affinity for beautiful architecture and stone and are a great communicator, we want to meet you!
- Develop and maintain positive and productive business and customer relationships as a face of our well-established brand
- Follow up with all prospects, anticipating the needs of our customer
- Plan and execute in-person appointments at our showroom with prospective clients with a focus on appointment preparedness (knowledge of client needs and goals, project specifics, anticipated products of interest)
- Answer all mainline phone calls and redirect as necessary
- Demonstrate a complete familiarity with the Freshwater product and service offerings in order to craft proposals and make recommendations to clients in real-time
- Meet retail client walk-ins, assess their requests, and engage the appropriate department
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other departments to ensure success
- Remain educated on current design trends in the industry
- Ensure merchandise displays/drawers are maintained within the showroom
- Oversee the successful completion of contracted work from contract to final billing
- Take ownership of all contracted work by partnering with department members to ensure projects meet client expectations
- Contribute and support the marketing efforts of the company
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- College Degree a plus (preferably Marketing, Interior Design / Home Fashion, Retail Sales)
- 0-3 years relevant experience in the retail showroom environment or customer service role providing excellent customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to positively interact with many different types of clients in-person, on the phone, and by email
- Experience working with Architects and Interior Designers on projects of all sizes and budgets is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, high level of organization, and initiative
- Passion for sales and closing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external parties
- Professional demeanor
- Pronounced analytical and follow up skills
- Experience as a sales representative in a design-related field is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Showroom position requires some lifting of samples, up to 40 pounds
Salary range: $38k – $46k (based on experience)
Commission: $5k – $10k (based on sales performance)
About Freshwater Stone:
Freshwater Stone has over 40 years of stone construction experience and strives to be the first choice for those who recognize the value of exceptional craftsmanship. Our work has been installed throughout the United States and abroad. We are experiencing tremendous growth while maintaining our reputation for quality products and excellent service. We are looking for a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high standard of customer service. As a growing company, our employees take on a variety of job responsibilities and must be able to multi-task effectively.
JOIN OUR TEAM
You can also email your resume to [email protected], or stop by to fill out an application between 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are located at 4 Upper Falls Rd., Orland, ME, 04472.
If you are sending your resume by mail, please address it to:
Freshwater Stone Inc.
Attn. Valerie Hopkins
PO Box 15, 4 Upper Falls Rd.
Orland Maine, 04472
Questions? Please feel free to call us at (207) 469-6331.