Careers at Freshwater – Stone Estimator & Drafter
Freshwater Stone has over 40 years of stone construction experience and strives to be the first choice for those who recognize the value of exceptional craftsmanship. Our work has been installed throughout the United States and abroad. We are experiencing tremendous growth while maintaining our reputation for quality products and excellent service. We are looking for a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high standard of customer service. As a growing company, our employees take on a variety of job responsibilities and must be able to multi-task effectively.
- Assess projects by identifying project requirements, regarding time, labor, and material costs
- Read blueprints and analyze all other applicable documents to prepare estimates
- Collaborate with contractors, architects, and clients during estimate creation to ensure overall accuracy
- Take the lead in the calculation, analysis, and adjustment of estimates
- Present estimates to clients in a timely and professional manner
- Recommend cost-reduction options
- Assist sales team in final project preparation & implementation
- Use computer-aided design software to create 3D and 2D technical drawings
- Make changes to technical drafts based on the recommendations of the project architects, contractors, and clients
- Calculate the dimensions and material requirements
- Maintain thorough records of all project documentation, including estimates, contract, change orders, tracking documents, and project completion documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD ( 2-3 years minimum)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, analytical, and organizational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team
- Familiarity with construction practices, costs, and procedures
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products
JOIN OUR TEAM
You can also email your resume to [email protected], or stop by to fill out an application between 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are located at 4 Upper Falls Rd., Orland, ME, 04472.
If you are sending your resume by mail, please address it to:
Freshwater Stone Inc.
Attn. Valerie Hopkins
PO Box 15, 4 Upper Falls Rd.
Orland Maine, 04472
Questions? Please feel free to call us at (207) 469-6331.