Careers at Freshwater – CAD Draftsperson
Freshwater Stone has over 40 years of stone construction experience and strives to be the first choice for those who recognize the value of exceptional craftsmanship. Our work has been installed throughout the United States and abroad. We are experiencing tremendous growth while maintaining our reputation for quality products and excellent service. We are looking for a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high standard of excellence. The Drafter is responsible for the creation and evaluation of customer shop drawings for practicality of design, accuracy of mathematical calculations, dimensional accuracy and conformity to production standards. We are looking to hire a CAD Draftsman to join our Fabrication department to work on exciting and challenging Interior Stone projects installed throughout New England!
- Use computer-aided design software to create 3D and 2D technical drawings
- Make changes to technical drafts based on the recommendations of the project team members, contractors and clients
- Work with internal team members to draft based on templated and non-templated work
- Calculate the dimensions and material requirements
- Interpret architectural specifications and drawings
- Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, associated records, transmittals and documentation.
- Monitor and respond to phone or email messages promptly
- Maintain a clear set of AutoCAD standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience with AutoCAD (2-3 years minimum)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Critical thinking, analytical, and organizational skills
Effective time management skills
Strong attention to detail
Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team
Familiarity with construction practices, costs, and procedures
Experience with cabinetry or construction a plus
Fluent in Microsoft Office products
Work overtime as called for by the company to complete customers’ requests
Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds
Associates Degree or higher
Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
Vacation and sick paid time off
Simple IRA – 100% company match up to 3%
Profit Sharing plan
Company-paid fitness membership
JOIN OUR TEAM
You can also email your resume to [email protected], or stop by to fill out an application between 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are located at 4 Upper Falls Rd., Orland, ME, 04472.
If you are sending your resume by mail, please address it to:
Freshwater Stone Inc.
Attn. Valerie Hopkins
PO Box 15, 4 Upper Falls Rd.
Orland Maine, 04472
Questions? Please feel free to call us at (207) 469-6331.