Careers at Freshwater – Bridge Saw Operator
With over 40 years of stone construction experience, Freshwater Stone strives to be the first choice for those who recognize the value of exceptional craftsmanship. Our world-class stonework has been featured throughout the US and abroad. As we continue to grow, we are excited to offer you a chance to become part of the team. We are currently looking for someone with experience in cutting and handling stone slabs to work on exciting projects like the restoration of the Statue of Liberty and many more!
- Utilize CAM software to control 3 axis and 5 axis machines used to cut architectural stone elements
- Load and unload stone slabs and pieces in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to read shop drawings and architectural stone schedules
- Perform quality checks on finished pieces
- Operate forklift and overhead crane to move material
- Conduct daily visual inspections of bridge saw equipment to ensure optimal operation
- Perform all required documentation with detail and accuracy
- Communicate with supervisor regarding project status and machine functionality
- Keep work area clean and free of clutter
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment as specified by manufacturer
- Conduct all job-related duties in a safe and responsible manner
- Performs other related duties as required
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proficiency with basic mathematics
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Sense of urgency in completing tasks
- Mentality of a team player who can assist others when needed to accomplish team goals
- Determined to put in the time and effort necessary to see projects through to successful completion
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to stand on concrete for the duration of the shift
- Proficiency in MS Office a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of bridge saw or CNC saw work experience a plus
- Employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance
- Vacation and Sick paid time off
- Life insurance
- Simple IRA – 100% company match up to 3%
- Company-paid fitness membership
JOIN OUR TEAM
You can also email your resume to [email protected], or stop by to fill out an application between 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. We are located at 4 Upper Falls Rd., Orland, ME, 04472.
If you are sending your resume by mail, please address it to:
Freshwater Stone Inc.
Attn. Valerie Hopkins
PO Box 15, 4 Upper Falls Rd.
Orland Maine, 04472
Questions? Please feel free to call us at (207) 469-6331.